Renaissance era is born-again period (Renaissance, language, French ) cultural Greek -Roman in Europe in the 15th century and the 16 M.  
After experiencing the traditional culture that is fully colored by Christian teachings.  However, these people are now looking for a new orientation and inspiration as an alternative to the Greco-Roman culture as the only other culture that they know well.  Culture classical This is also adored and used models and policies for the whole of human civilization.  
Table of contents[ hide ]
[ edit ]Background
Yunanni-Roman culture is a culture that places man as the main subject.   Greek philosophy , for example, show human beings as creatures who reflect continuously understand its natural environment and also determine the principles for their own actions in order to achieve happiness ( eudaimonia ).  Kesustraan Greece, for example the story of his work Odisei Ancient Greek poet, Homerus , tells the story of human courage to explore a world filled with challenges and new experiences.  Greco-Roman-style architecture reflects the human ability to create harmony of the rule of law, strength, and beauty.  
In addition, the ability of the Roman people in the area of technique and ability to organize quickly get acungan thumbs.  All this clearly shows that the Greco-Roman culture provides the principal place of humans in the cosmos.  A common view is called the '' Classical Humanism '' . 
[ edit ]Classical Humanism
Culture Raissans intended to revive Classical Humanism that could be hung up by some prominent style of medieval thought.  This has to do with the case described earlier.  In comparison with the Classical period is more emphasized as a part of human nature or the police (countries, cities or Ancient Greek society).  Humanism Renaissans far more known for its emphasis on individualism. Individualism is regarded that man as a personal need to be observed.  We're not only human beings, but we also are unique individuals who are free to do something and profess certain beliefs. 
Own human dignity lies in his freedom to self-determination and in its position as the ruler of the universe (Pico Della Mirandola) .  The idea is the attitude of worship provoke limited action on the intelligence and ability of individuals in all cases.  picture of people in here is the desired human Renaissans Humanism is a human universal (Uomo Universale) . 
[ edit ]List of major at the time of the Renaissance
- Arts and culture
- Dührer Albrecht (1471-1528)
- Desiserius Eramus (1466-1536)
- Hans Holbein (1465-1506)
- Hans Memling (1430-1495)
- Hieronymus Bosch (1450-1516)
- Josquin de Pres (1445-1521)
- Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)
- Lucas Cranach (1472-1553)
- Michaelangelo (1475-1564)
- Perugino (1446-1526)
- Raphael (1483-1520)
- Sandro Botticelli (1444-1510)
- Tiziano Vecelli (1477-1526)
- Christopher Columbus (1451-1506)
- Ferdinand Magellan (1480? -1521)
- Johann Gutenberg (1400-1468)
- Nicolaus Copernicus (1478-1543)
- Andreas Vesalius (1514-1564)
- William Gilbert (1540-1603)
- Galileo Galilei (1546-1642)
- Johannes Kepler (1571-1642)
[ edit ]References
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t .2004 LT Simon Peter. Adventures Intelektual.Yogyakarta.Kanisius.176-180.
- ^ Hale, John. The Civilization of Europe in the Renaissance. (1994). 648.
- ^ Campbell, Gordon. The Oxford Dictionary of the Renaissance. (2003). 862.
- ^ Book: Robert Audi.1995.The Cambridge University Press Dictionary Of Philosophy.Cambridge: United Kingdom.580-617
- ^ Fletcher, Stella. The Longman Companion to Renaissance Europe, 1390-1530. (2000). 347.
- ^ Grendler, Paul F., ed. The Renaissance: An Encyclopedia for Students. (2003). 970.
- ^ Hay, Denys. The Significance of Renaissance Europe in The Age of Renaissance. Edited by Denys Hay. Thames and Hudson Ltd.London: 1986.
- ^ Grendler, Paul F. "The Future of Sixteenth Century Studies: Renaissance and Reformation Scholarship in the Next Forty Years," Sixteenth Century Journal Spring 2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, 182.